County Fair begins this week
(Filed May 12, 2014)The Marshall County A&I Fair is back! After being rained out last year, Chairwoman Wendy Baxter is ecstatic to be able to host the fair this year, beginning on Sunday, May 18.
“I’m glad we’re back and able to help. I hope everyone comes out so we’re able to give back to the community,” Baxter said.
The events this year are:
• Sunday, May 18: Miss, Teen, Pre-Teen, Little Miss Beauty Pageants at 2:00; Baby Pageant at 6:00
• Tuesday, May 20: Carnival at 5:00
Go-Karts at 7:00
• Wednesday, May 21: Carnival at 5:00, Concert at 6:00
• Thursday, May 22: Carnival at 5:00, ATV Dirt and Mudd Drags at 7:00
• Friday, May 23: Carnival at 5:00
Supercross at 6:00
• Saturday, May 24: Carnival TBA. Demolition Derby at 6:30, also, laser tag will be available in the Joe Creason Building Wednesday thru Saturday free with paid admission.
Admission each night is $10. It includes all rides and attractions. Half of each ticket price will go directly back to the community.
“We try to give back as much as we can. We want to pay it forward,” Baxter said.
The registration deadline for the pageant is 9:00 pm Saturday, May 17 by phone or email.
The concert will feature Rancie Owen’s band, Dirty Rotten Sinners, and performances from his vocal students.
More information can be found at www.marshallkyfair.com and on the Marshall County A & I Fair Facebook page.